Updating the listing 8/18/18 as many people have been asking for specifics:
This guitar is a very unique piece. It is being offered on consignment by us on behalf of a lady who's father gave it to her as a gift in the 1960's... even though she didn't play guitar. She learned on it a small amount, and then stored it for the last 50 years, waiting for the next owner to pass it on to.... you!
She said she did not do the art on the case and could not remember the exact year her father gave it to her, so I assume her father bought it gently used as she knew it was definitely in the 1960's. So you will only be the 3rd owner!
Heres the deal with the guitar:
1. Original everything. Theres not a single unoriginal piece. Remember, its been stored for 90% of its life, and it seems like it was stored in a climate controlled area as there are no cracks or major deflections in the top or back. It is in EXCELLENT physical condition for its age!
2. Remember that since its been stored it also hasn't gotten a lot of attention. I would recommend that you have your local tech go through the guitar AFTER you receive it and let it settle for a week - if we do it here it will not be setup to your climate.
3. The action is "good". I would not say its "perfect". The neck is "pretty straight" but I wouldn't say its "perfect". I'm betting 90% of you would not want to do anything to this guitar, BUT I would rather over describe than under describe as you cannot see the guitar in person - to have "perfect" action, this guitar will need a neck reset or other neck adjustments, considering it does not have a truss rod.
4. The bridge is lifting very slightly. Again I don't believe the guitar has been dried out specifically, it just hasn't had any attention in 50 years. Its like pulling a guitar out of a heated garage after 50 years... The car isn't in bad condition, but its still going to need basic attention (tires, oil change, fluids checked) before putting it back on the road.
5. Interestingly, the pickguard and binding is tortise (it's usually black). It very much appears to be factory, so I believe this must have been a unique guitar to come off the line.
Please do not make us an offer on this guitar, it is priced accordingly and you guys all know this is a good price and a great opportunity to own a guitar thats VERY tough to find in this condition. The price is very reasonable.
Because its an old acoustic and because its on consignment with us, the guitar will be sold as-is with no returns (unless the guitar is broken in shipping or something is completely un-described or totally wrong... we are reasonable and happy to help). Please understand we are professionally photographing and going into great detail to describe the guitar BEFORE you buy it so that you can make an educated decision and know what you are buying. :)
Message us if you have any questions! You should buy this guitar. Its a time capsule from 1964!
Includes original hard shell case and an original strap. Weighs 4lbs 2oz.
Call us at 315-447-3243
Text us at 315-907-4259
Or email us
Ish loves Martin
We go beyond your typical guitar store. Each instrument is inspected at our in-house luthier shop before, during, and after its stay with us.
Fantastic company. Answered my email promptly and shipped very quickly! I highly recommend Ish Guitars!Robert, PRS Custom 24 Piezo
Awesome transaction! I bought a pretty special guitar (previously owned by a famous guitarist), and Ish nailed it. Ethical dealer, quick ship, and fast responses. I look forward to doing business with them again in the future!Devin, L'arrivee D-60
Awesome guitar. Came with a perfect setup and no issues. Would love to buy another guitar from you guys.Matthew, Music Man Cutlass