The Gibson Les Paul Less Plus solidbody electric guitar brings classic and modern appointments together in a killer axe. This guitar's contoured, extra-slim back gives you exceptional playing comfort while its duo of '57 Classic and Classic Plus humbuckers delivers classic tone that's ideal for any gig or recording session. The bound, rounded C-profile mahogany neck is capped with a thick, 1-piece rosewood fingerboard - an ideal foundation for fast fretwork and comfortable bends. And the G-Force tuning system not only keeps you in tune, but also lets you easily experiment with alternate tunings. If you crave classic humbucking tone, modern playability, and extreme comfort, then you need to check out the Gibson Les Paul Less Plus. This gives you everything you want without breaking your back, figuratively and literally. Even being skeptical about the tuning system we could not be more impressed the convenience. All in all, this Les Paul is a jack of all trades ready for anything.
Gibson Les Paul Less Plus Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Contoured, extra-slim back and rounded C-profile neck for increased playing comfort
- '57 Classic humbuckers give you amazing tonal versatility, power, and sustain
- G-Force automatic tuning system delivers perfect intonation - and more
- Gibson's four Cs plan ensures top-quality components
Contoured, extra-slim back and rounded C-profile neck for increased playing comfort
Comfort and playability were two of Gibson's primary concerns when they were designing the 2015 Les Paul Less Plus. This guitar's neck and fingerboard are .050" wider on each side, making bends and vibrato much easier on your outer strings. For your shredding pleasure, the 1-piece bound rosewood fingerboard is sanded and buffed to silky smoothness and finished with an all-new oil treatment. Also, Gibson's new patent-pending Zero Fret Nut can be easily adjusted with a hex key if your action is too high - no filing necessary. You'll be amazed at how this guitar's rounded C-neck profile compensates for its wider dimensions - we're talking uber-comfortable playability! And speaking of comfort, the Less Plus features a contoured, extra-slim back that reduces weight and fits you like a glove whether you're playing seated or standing.
'57 Classic humbuckers give you amazing tonal versatility, power, and sustain
Gibson's Les Paul Less Plus is fitted with a pair of PAF-style humbuckers - a '57 Classic in the neck position and a Classic Plus at the bridge. Favorites among Sweetwater guitarists, these pickups sport authentic Alnico II magnets and are wound with 42-AWG enamel-coated wire - just like the originals. The coils are wax potted to ward off microphonic squeal, making them the perfect pups for your high-gain excesses. This dynamic duo serves up articulate, warm voicings from the neck position, soaring liquid bridge tones, and a broad range of sweet crunch in between. And for the icing on the cake, Les Paul Less Plus features a mini-toggle switch that lets you split the coils for chimey single-coil spank.
G-Force automatic tuning system delivers perfect intonation - and more
If you loved Gibson's Min-ETune tuning system, then you'll love their newly developed G-Force even more. Thanks to G-Force, not only can you tune your 2015 Les Paul Less Plus solidbody electric guitar with a single strum, but you can also make use of alternate tunings without having to retune or switch guitars. You can also calibrate your guitar to an external source. Say you have a vintage piano that's not quite tuned to A440. Now, thanks to G-Force, the piano and your guitar can play together beautifully with no tuning hassles.
Gibson's four Cs plan ensures top-quality components
When buying diamonds, there are four characteristics that are used to grade or select the stones. These are known as the four Cs: carat, cut, clarity, and color. Gibson has implemented a similar system to grade their guitars' components: weight, top contour, grain structure/purity, and grain figure/depth. By putting this system into action, Gibson can ensure that all of their guitars are built using top-grade materials.
Gibson Les Paul Less Plus Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Mahogany body and traditional body rout with figured maple top
- Fast mahogany neck with rounded C-profile
- Thick, 1-piece bound rosewood fingerboard with classy pearl trapezoid inlays
- Contoured, extra-slim back gives you exceptional playing comfort
- '57 Classic and Classic Plus deliver classic humbucker tone
- Mini-toggle lets you split the coils for chimey single-coil spank
- Cream plastics, amber top hats
- Tune faster and more accurately with the G-Force system
- Zero Fret Nut with adjustable action
- Wider neck and fingerboard for increased playing comfort
- New Tune-o-matic bridge with hex wrench adjustment on thumbscrews for easy action adjustment
- Professional setup, including new PLEK program for accurate intonation
- Smoother sanded/buffed fingerboard with new oil treatment
- Improved jack design for uninterrupted signal
- Gloss lacquer nitro finish for optimum tone and played-in vintage feel
- Removable LP pick guard - no screws required
- Les Paul hologram on back of headstock
- Handcrafted by Gibson luthiers in Nashville, Tennessee
7lb 9oz. Comes with original hard case!