This 2019 PRS McCarty 594 in Purple Mist finish is an ULTRA unique 1 off build - PRS usually only lets you order Purple Mist and Ebony fretboards on an Artist Package guitar which have an 18 month lead time and are around $5500. This one has a really nice "normal" top meaning it costs thousands less, yet with these massive upgrades!
Top Wood: Carved Figured Maple
Back Wood: Mahogany
Number of Frets: 22
Scale Length: 24.594"
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Shape: Pattern Vintage
Neck Depth At The Nut: 28.5/32”
Width of Fretboard at the Body: 2 1/4”
Width of Fretboard at the Nut: 1 11/16”
Fretboard Wood: Ebony with Faux Bone Binding
Fretboard Inlay: Birds
Bridge: PRS Two-Piece
Tuners: Tweaked Phase III Locking Tuners
Hardware Type: Nickel
Treble Pickup: 58/15 LT
Bass Pickup: 58/15 LT
Controls: Two Volume and Two Push/Pull Tone Controls with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Switch on Upper Bout
The McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet singlecoil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT pickups and push/pull coil taps on the tone controls. The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty 594 to create an instrument that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever.
A few key specifications that contribute to the McCarty 594’s tone and feel are:
- A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name.
- 58/15 LT pickups. LT, meaning low turns, which give the guitar a warm, clear tone.
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time.
- The added versatility of push/pull coil taps for each pickup for more tonal options
- A Pattern Vintage neck carve, which shares the same width measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the treble side and a little more meat on the bass side of the neck.
- Tweaked Phase III tuners have an added set screw that pulls the tuner’s gear and worm together (while “locking” over the worm to prevent slipping) to promote tone transfer from the string directly into the guitar with as little energy as possible being detracted. (The tuner functions identically to standard Phase III tuners for re-stringing. Set screws must NOT be adjusted outside of the PRS factory. Making any adjustments to this feature may cause the tuner to stop functioning properly.)
"The 594 is the best new guitar I've played in years. It has a vintage heart and soul but without the technical limitations that usually come along with an old instrument. What good is an old guitar if you can't get all that feel out of the upper frets, or the intonation is off? To hear that old PAF sound but be able to articulate the notes in a way that only modern manufacturing could allow is so exciting." – John Mayer
Call us at 315-447-3243.
Text us at 315-907-4259 (photos NOT accepted at this number).
Ish loves PRS
We go beyond your typical guitar store. Each instrument is inspected at our in-house luthier shop before, during, and after its stay with us.
Fantastic company. Answered my email promptly and shipped very quickly! I highly recommend Ish Guitars!Robert, PRS Custom 24 Piezo
Awesome transaction! I bought a pretty special guitar (previously owned by a famous guitarist), and Ish nailed it. Ethical dealer, quick ship, and fast responses. I look forward to doing business with them again in the future!Devin, L'arrivee D-60
Awesome guitar. Came with a perfect setup and no issues. Would love to buy another guitar from you guys.Matthew, Music Man Cutlass