Alvarez Yairi Stage Dreadnought DY1TS Acoustic Electric Guitar Cutaway Natural
The DY1TS is a great guitar, wonderfully dressed in vintage sunburst with abalone purfling all around the body. The DY1TS is so beautiful you actually may find it hard to take it on stage, but please do. They are incredible sounding instruments both on and off stage and harness Yairi’s historic build quality. So play away; they are durable, unfailing instruments.
The DY1TS has an extended dovetail neck construction that maximizes the energy transfer between the neck and body. It also allows for a wider range of rod adjustment and decreases the risk of any neck/body irregularities.
Further innovation comes with the Direct Coupled Bridge. This system displays the craftsmanship with which these guitars are made. The DC Bridge means the pins actually go into the top of the guitar, taking the vibration to the heart of the soundboard and simultaneously increasing the break angle from the saddle to the top. This increased down pressure raises string tension, giving the guitar a very responsive feel and adding quality to its volume and sustain.
Like all Yairi Masterworks, this guitar is made from premium tonewood that has been seasoned naturally for 5 to 15 years in the perfect climate of Kani.
Kani is in the prefecture of Gifu in the hills north of Nagoya. This wood preparation and environment for building guitars is very important to the structural integrity of the instrument and will help to ensure decades of stability and performance from your Yairi.
- Weight: 4.8 lbs
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Top Wood: Solid AA Western Red Cedar
- Body Finish: Sunburst/Gloss
- Back and Sides Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Shape: Dreadnought
- Neck: One piece mahogany, 50/50 Semi gloss finish, Extended neck joint
- Bridge: Rosewood Direct Coupled
- Inlays: Abalone & Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with 12th Abalone Fret Inlay
- Purfling: 1.5mm Paua Abalone
- Headstock Plate: Rosewood
- Nut and Saddle: Real Bone
- Tuner: Gotoh Gold
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Strings: D'Addario EXP16
- Accessories: Deluxe Wood Case / US Only
- Bracing Systems: FST2 - Forward Shifted, Assymetric Tone Bars
- Neck Joint: Dovetail, Extended Neck Joint
- Neck Meets Body: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets: 20
- Pickup / EQ: LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up
- Overall Length (mm): 1010
- Body Width (mm): 386
- Body Depth at Heel (mm): 100
- Body Depth at Base (mm): 117
- Scale (mm): 635
- Scale (inches): 25 1/2
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Width (mm): 44
- Nut Width (inches): 1 23/32