As a preeminent modern virtuoso, U.K. guitar master Guthrie Govan dazzles all who hear him. After two years in meticulous development working closely with the man himself, Charvel introduce the ultimate ultra-pro guitar—the Guthrie Govan Signature model. With so many special features and high performance appointments, it's truly the ideal expression of Govan's artistry rendered in distinctive Charvel form.
The San Dimas body has a beautiful bird's-eye maple top, with a thin clear matte finish and a specially contoured heel (sans neck plate) for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The bolt-on neck is quartersawn flame maple with a "caramelized" heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, with graphite reinforcement and a convenient truss rod adjustment wheel at the body end. Most unusually for a San Dimas model, the compound-radius (12-16) flame-maple fingerboard spans two octaves, with the same caramelized treatment as the neck, 24 extra jumbo stainless steel frets and special maple dot inlays with ebony borders.
Other premium features include three specially wound Charvel custom MFB pickups arranged in a versatile HSH configuration with five-way switching for the expansive tonal openness and dynamic sensitivity that Govan demands, two notched control knobs (master volume, mastertone) with brass position markers set into the body, recessed original-style NOS Floyd Rose tremolo bridge with Tremol-No unit and oversized brass block, bone nut, chrome hardware and 25.5 scale length.
Includes hardshell case 7lb 12oz.
- Natural Matte Finish
- Roasted Basswood Body
- Birdseye Maple Top
- Bolt-On Roasted Flame Maple Neck
- Thin "C" Profile
- Contoured Neck Heel
- 24 Extra Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets
- Compound 12-16" Fretboard Radius
- 25.5" Scale Length; 1.68" Neck Width at Nut
- .820" Neck Profile at Nut
- .850" Neck Profile at 12th Fret
- Charvel Custom-Wound MFB Humbucker Pickups (Neck and Bridge) and Single-Coil Middle Pickup
- Charvel Recessed Tremol-No Bridge with Oversized Brass Block
- Volume and Tone Controls with Five-Way Selector Switch
- Bone Nut
- Sperzel Locking Tuners
- Recessed Neck Attachment Neck Ferrules
- Non-Roasted Maple Position Markers with Ebony Accents
- Low Friction Pots with Knurled Dome Knobs
- Chrome Hardware