EVH Wolfgang USA 5A Flame Top 3-Tone Burst
The original guitar that launched the line, the EVH Wolfgang® USA unleashes pure, unadulterated rock 'n' roll power.
Since its launch in 2007, the EVH brand has had one mission—to take the tools Eddie Van Halen uses to create his groundbreaking guitar work and place them in your hands.
Over 35 years of innovation and experience were injected into the creation of the original Wolfgang USA, which continues to unleash pure unadulterated rock ‘n’ roll power, titanic sound, speedy playability and stunning spotlight-ready style.
“Everything that I’ve built, destroyed, stumbled onto, learned and experienced is in this guitar,” Eddie Van Halen said. “Every aspect and component of this guitar has been examined and upgraded to the highest standards possible: stainless steel frets, double-potted custom-wound pickups, five-piece binding on the matching body and headstock, custom-made signature tuning machines and Floyd Rose® bridge, new low-friction pots, and the list keeps going. We left no stone unturned.”
The Wolfgang USA features a basswood body with either an arched big-leaf maple or 5A flame maple top, bolt-on quartersawn maple neck with graphite reinforcement, 12”–16” compound radius ebony fingerboard with 22 vintage stainless steel frets and mother of pearl block inlays (dot inlays on Stealth), direct mount EVH Wolfgang USA zebra humbucking pickups, three-way toggle switching with reverse wiring, volume control with 500K EVH Bourns® low friction pot with treble bleed circuit, tone control with 250K EVH Bourns high friction pot, EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking tremolo bridge with EVH D-Tuna® and EVH-branded Gotho® High Ratio die-cast tuners with white pearloid buttons.
Experience ultra-speedy plability, colossal sound and classic looks with the Wolfgang USA.
SETUP & INSPECTED BY OUR TECH TEAM
Case: Hardshell Case
Weight: 8.2 lbs
Color: 3-Tone Sunburst
- Body Shape: Wolfgang®
- Body Binding: 5-Ply
- Body Material: Basswood with 5A Flame Maple Top
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: Wolfgang Backshape
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″ to 16″ Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Stainless
- String Nut: Floyd Rose® Original Locking
- Nut Width: 1.625″ (41.3 mm)
- Neck Plate: NA
- Neck Finish: Oiled
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Position Inlays: Block
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Designed EVH® Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Custom Designed EVH® Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: EVH Reverse-Style 3-Position Switching: Position 1: Neck Pickup, Position 2: Bridge
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH D-Tuna®
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded Gotoh® Chrome with Pearloid Buttons
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Black “Speed” Knobs
- Strings: EVH® Branded (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Hard mount pickups; Magna Coatings paint, 2 Graphite neck reinforcement rods, Schaller®; chrome string retainer, EVH®; D-Tuna, square jack plate
Call us at 315-447-3243.
Text us at 315-907-4259 (photos NOT accepted at this number).
Ish loves EVH
We go beyond your typical guitar store. Each instrument is inspected at our in-house luthier shop before, during, and after its stay with us.
Fantastic company. Answered my email promptly and shipped very quickly! I highly recommend Ish Guitars!Robert, PRS Custom 24 Piezo
Awesome transaction! I bought a pretty special guitar (previously owned by a famous guitarist), and Ish nailed it. Ethical dealer, quick ship, and fast responses. I look forward to doing business with them again in the future!Devin, L'arrivee D-60
Awesome guitar. Came with a perfect setup and no issues. Would love to buy another guitar from you guys.Matthew, Music Man Cutlass