9.7lb, includes PRS Hard Case.
The Grainger 5 is the evolution of the Private Stock Gary Grainger Bass line. As the primary designer of PRS's Private Stock basses, Gary (John Scofield, Dennis Chambers, Frank Gambali, etc.) collaborated with many bass artists, including Wyzard (Mother's Finest) and Kevin Walker (Justin Timberlake), to create a Core PRS bass with all the character and quality of Gary's Private Stock models but with a more universal appeal.
Knobs 1-2 are volume controls and passive/active switch:
Knob 1: Neck pickup volume.
Down = Active, Up = Passive If this knob is up and Knob 2 is down only the neck pickup (passive) is heard
Knob 2: Bridge pickup volume.
Down = Active, Up = Passive
If this knob is up and Knob 1 is down only the bridge pickup (passive) is heard.
If both knob 1 and knob 2 are in the up position, both pickups (passive) are heard.
Knobs 3-5 are a 3-band EQ control:
Knob 3: Bass EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
Knob 4: Mid EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
Knob 5: Treble EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
"These basses give me everything I need for recording and playing live...all the tone, clarity, power, and feel¦everything. They are works of art and great tools for working bassists." - Gary Grainger
- Shape: GG 4
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Info not available
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Yes
- Finish: Info not available
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: GG Bass
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: GG Treble
- Brand: PRS
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: Active/passive mini-toggle switch
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Info not available
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.72" (43.656mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret: 2.547" (64.691mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Flame maple
- Body finish: Info not available
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, bass EQ, mid EQ, treble EQ
- Pickup switch: Active/passive switch
- Coil tap or split: Info not available
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 5-Saddle adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Nickel